Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

When did the whats for dinner thread become the nothing about nothing thread shut up you nancys.
20220103_112346.jpg

Bacon wrapped Filet cooked on the grill in the top of my living room wood stove over a mixture of Maple and Cherry wood.

Hey wait a minute! How come she let's me cook in the living room but not eat in the living room?!?!

As my cognitive abilities diminish we will get along even better. Oh she will continue to ask me the same questions over and over again, but I won't be upset any more because I will forget she kept asking and kindly with patience answer her because I will think it's the first time she asked!

Now I know why old people get along so well!

Bowkills

Nw oh
Bacon wrapped Filet cooked on the grill in the top of my living room wood stove over a mixture of Maple and Cherry wood.

Hey wait a minute! How come she let's me cook in the living room but not eat in the living room?!?!

As my cognitive abilities diminish we will get along even better. Oh she will continue to ask me the same questions over and over again, but I won't be upset any more because I will forget she kept asking and kindly with patience answer her because I will think it's the first time she asked!

From cooking this exact same way in my stove and lovin it im building wood oven/grill in our new kitchen. I think ill grill more in the wintertime and it will put off some heat. It doest take long to grab a shovel of coals from the stove and drop in for a quick weeknight sear either. My wife gets an office i get a wood oven.....i win mines way cooler.

• Haha
Reactions: giles

Cogz

Cogz
TX

Can you post a pic of this setup??

Creamer

Athens
I had been wanting to try smoking ground deer jerky and finally broke down a few days ago. I mixed up the meat and put it in the fridge for a little over a day to marinate until I smoked it today.

I got the three trays of my smoker loaded up and ready to go. The recipe I loosely followed said smoke for about 3 hours, so it should have been ready at about lunch time.

Just one little hiccup...the smoker shit itself. It wouldn't power up at all, it's an electric smoker. I narrowed the issue down to the power cord/supply and ordered a replacement which will be here Tuesday. So, the jerky mix went into the damn dehydrator. It will be ok, just not what I was hoping for. Oh well, next time.