Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
20200912_170225.jpg
20200912_221658.jpg

Youngest brother & SIL just in from Cali. Fire, whiskey & beer night by the fire after a nice barbaque venision backstrap, corn on cob, and red skin potatoe dinner.

Doesn't get a heck of a lot better for me these days I tell ya.

Last edited:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Got a suprize for helping with the no trespassing signs tonight. He called and said he had three pheasants to turn loose for me and would bring the dogs and wanted me to be the shooter. First two went up together and I got a double. Then one flew out the wrong way and I had to spin around and regroup...but it's in the refrigerator also. Put and take but still was fun!

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Here in Jersey there are some deer management zones that open early for archery season...first week of September opposed to the first week of October. However, if you want to shoot a buck, you MUST shoot a doe first. My friends daughter had two nice bucks coming out at the stand behind her new home....she’s been trying for weeks to get a doe so that she can hunt the bucks. I told her that if she hunts behind my house, getting a deer is almost guaranteed. Even told her that she would shoot the deer between 6:00 and 7:15 pm. Well, she came over yesterday And while she was hunting behind my house, her dad and I were sitting in my garage drinking a couple beers. She was in the stand by 4:20 and every so often would send us updates....saw a six point...saw a spike...saw the neighbor walk to his stand, etc. then at 7:02, we get the text we were waiting for...she shot a doe at 25 yards. We went back there after it got dark (didn’t want to ruin the neighbors hunt) and I tracked the deer about 120 yards. Perfect shot through both lungs. Now she can hunt a buck. She was so happy and while we were celebrating with some beer and shots, she told me thanks uncle George more than once....turns out she was ready to quit hunting...the last deer she killed was 7 years ago and she thought she was jinxed. It would sure make my day if I get a text that she shot one of the bucks she’s got behind her house that she and her boyfriend just bought last year.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Here in Jersey there are some deer management zones that open early for archery season...first week of September opposed to the first week of October. However, if you want to shoot a buck, you MUST shoot a doe first. My friends daughter had two nice bucks coming out at the stand behind her new home....she’s been trying for weeks to get a doe so that she can hunt the bucks. I told her that if she hunts behind my house, getting a deer is almost guaranteed. Even told her that she would shoot the deer between 6:00 and 7:15 pm. Well, she came over yesterday And while she was hunting behind my house, her dad and I were sitting in my garage drinking a couple beers. She was in the stand by 4:20 and every so often would send us updates....saw a six point...saw a spike...saw the neighbor walk to his stand, etc. then at 7:02, we get the text we were waiting for...she shot a doe at 25 yards. We went back there after it got dark (didn’t want to ruin the neighbors hunt) and I tracked the deer about 120 yards. Perfect shot through both lungs. Now she can hunt a buck. She was so happy and while we were celebrating with some beer and shots, she told me thanks uncle George more than once....turns out she was ready to quit hunting...the last deer she killed was 7 years ago and she thought she was jinxed. It would sure make my day if I get a text that she shot one of the bucks she’s got behind her house that she and her boyfriend just bought last year.

That's great Sgt! I love stories like this. Way to go in helping the young lady out. Follow up with us if she does become successful in her wish, thanks!