Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Spring has finally arrived in Northern Ohio, last snow in the books. Celebrating with some 8% Love You, Bye draft beer, takeout from local bar🍺

20220420_205932.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Walked my FIL’s place one more time before it’s sold for a family get together and spotted a pair of young Barred owls in a hollowed out tree so I started calling for the parents and had one showed up in a few minutes.
View attachment 150750View attachment 150751
And this was after a pour of Michters small batch, 2 Coronas, 3 Bud lattes and a Padron! It was an awesome night. Walked down a few hours later about 120 yards from our fire and called them and another adult in around 1 am and they stated getting wound up. Lol
BTW, the woods floor was covered with glowing light like fire fly lights and after googling it they were the larva of lighting bugs.lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
And this was after a pour of Michters small batch, 2 Coronas, 3 Bud lattes and a Padron! It was an awesome night. Walked down a few hours later about 120 yards from our fire and called them and another adult in around 1 am and they stated getting wound up. Lol
BTW, the woods floor was covered with glowing light like fire fly lights and after googling it they were the larva of lighting bugs.lol

So that's what those are. I've seen them before and went looking for what it was, I just figured they were some sort of centipede. Larva make sense.

Stressless

Keene, OH
Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I did it !!!!!!!! Or I should say I made it ? Today I turned in my resignation / retirement notice. 43 years. I'll continue to work until the very beginning of June. That way I can take 200 hrs of PTO with me. I turn 62 at the end of July, but there's really no need for me to wait until then, plus I'll have the whole summer off.
Had too go and find it Kevin!!!! 😂 Make sure you start your own retirement thread!!!! 👍🏼