Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doggone good dog thread

Buckmaster

Portage
My wiener turned 4 yesterday. He’s the center of the family.

Attachments

• 4728BBA6-B4CA-48E4-A23E-9A45F90562A2.jpeg
    4728BBA6-B4CA-48E4-A23E-9A45F90562A2.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 148

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
2E17D9D4-1D2C-4039-840E-75CB42B4495E.jpeg

Bristol turned 6 months old yesterday, she’s 52lbs and 23” tall. I pretty sure height is about maxed out but I figure she’ll put on another 15lbs of so in the next 6 months. We walk 3 miles a day, usually 7 days a week unless I’m knee deep into deer hunting like next week. That won’t be so good for her 😂. You can definitely tell the difference in her if she’s not got her walk in that day.

I was not keen on the idea of having a new pup in the house. Being retired I like the freedom to leave whenever I want and not have too worry about a pup at the house having to be in a crate. The older dog is fine roaming the house. He’s good for a solid 8 hours by himself. The pup I don’t like to stretch that far, 5 hours is about the max I’m comfortable with leaving her in there without us being home.

A month in a half or so into this and I’m glad the wife did this. Bristol has actually put me in a happier place and I laugh a lot more at her antics. I’ve become one of them “dog” people talking to other “dog” people about our pups and their behaviors and interactions with us. I’ve been to the local pet store too much for my own good let alone hers 😂😂😂

But all in all she’s at my side all day long when I’m home and as you can see in the picture, the toys laying around looks like back when the kids were little 😂😂😂

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wonderful update J. Something about a big dog that is so much more satisfying to me than the little ones. They are such great companions and good for the soul.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
A94725FD-C87C-4124-83C9-A7D6C5CAA2B2.jpeg
Bristol and Lola takin a break from being pups for a few minutes. They’ve been wearing each other down all day 😂
Lola is my Son and DIL’s pup. She’s a Labradoodle...
We’ve been out enjoying this SC weather all day.

Scott, enjoy your new little buddy....

Reactions: triple_duece