Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2018-19

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congratulations Savannah!

Currently I’m beginning to get flooded out here in my blind. I set up in a slight depression on the fringe of a drainage in a finger where I can cover most of two standing beanfields. Questioning my sanity as I’m contemplating on staying right here for another 5 hours. 😳

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
2018-12-15 15.01.06.jpg

Still raining, a bit cooler @45 w/ the same NE wind as this morning & starting to fog.

Yup, back in the stand once again.

Btw, that's my barn & shop you see there approximately 250 yards away in middle of the photograph.

So I ended up getting down earlier @10:30 and grabbed some breakfast with the wife.

Headed back here turned into a little bit of an adventure let me tell ya.
2018-12-15 13.26.38.jpg
2018-12-15 13.27.34.jpg

Both of our creeks have turned into raging rivers once again, which is very unusual this time of year.

Typically they're almost bone dry by this time.

Not expecting much coming from the North that's forsure.

Hoping for something decent with antlers.

Good luck fellas!

Reactions: Sgt Fury

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Down pouring here first time ive ever stepped foot on this property so lets see if i get lucky big corn field with good bedding and no hunting all the way around it.

Reactions: Joel

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Well the plan all came together, passed on 12 deer, had a small 8 point show up at 5:10, then at 5:29 a bigger buck shows up. Now this is down in a creek bottom and it is foggy so I can’t see his rack real well, I just know he is big enough. I let the muzzle loader go and he runs off, I think I hear him crash. Wait 30 minutes go to impact point and find only a small piece of brown fur. No blood and the ground is soaking wet. I can see where he took off and tore up the ground but can’t find any blood. It started to rain around 7:10 so I will be back out in the am.

lung buster

hocking county
Drew and i were skunked today. Pulled cam on the way out and our target has shed one side. Total bummer to one of the most trying seasons in the 8 years that he has hunted...may just sleep in tomorrow....
20181215_181022.jpg