Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Gun Season 2019

LonewolfNopack

The woods
I hunted 25 hours for this doe. Place I hunt requires me to kill one. There was 3 that came out and I picked the smallest and dropped it. Same orange vest and same gun I killed my first deer with long time ago. This deer cart best $5 I ever spent...finally got one that will fit on it.
20191205_170642.jpg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Winchester Super X rifled slug 12 gauge has done it again. It never disappoint me.
Well, 4 deer came out of the woods on my left at 5 PM all the way down to tree line like 120 yards. I'm up on the tree like, oh shit. Better get my ass up. I'm standing up and grabbed my shotgun. They never moved just eating on the ground. The mom doe was smart. Two little doe and spike buck was beside mom. Mom doe had a feeling like something didnt feel right. Fugg, she changed her mind and walked back into the woods and they all followed her. Gotdamn! Frustrated....you know. I put my head down and was talking to God. I'm like what's going on... bring her out to me and I would like to take her out and put a tag on her. So, you know just a talk with him. Deer never came back. I was bummed out and I'm like it happens for a reason....you know she wasnt suppose to go yet.
Anyway, 535 a deer comes out same way first 4 deer did around 5. So, one comes out then 2nd, then 3rd, and holy shit 9 doe comes out. Thank you, God. They all followed that nannie doe. Nannie doe cam all the way down to 25 yards.....I yelled out meaaah..she stops. Safety off and boom! She bolted until 10 yards then stopped. I'm like the fuck? Did I miss it? After she stood there for 3 seconds....she turned around to go back where she came from. I tell you what she ran faster than forrest gump. Yeah, no lies. Anyway, I get down to look for her. After I waited 45 mins I then went to entered the wood where she went into and tracked her down....blood on the run. Something told me to back out after looking all these blood trail. I'm like, eh....I better back out let her bleed some more. I was bummed out. So much went through my mind. Was it a bad shot? Was it high? Was it you know, blah blah and such. Went to bed worried all night. So, today dad came with me to go find the doe. Dad was on a roll tracking down the blood trail like a damn blood hound dog. I was impressed. I wasnt right in the mind and had so many thoughts about what had happen last night. Well, I be damn...dad said "Hey look, there's your doe". A big smile on my face. I was just 5 yards from her last night after I backed out, the fuck, lmaoView attachment 91284

Congrats Chad on a nice deer harvest!

Well done buddy!!

Reactions: MoonLab

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
2 does came up right where I expected about 5pm. At about 15 yards I squeezed the trigger and the loudest click I've ever heard next to a misfire'd muzzle loader.

My 1894 has a half cock notch and a safety. I normally only run the half cock notch with safety off, then pull back to fire just like my muzzle loader. Well tonight I put the safety on also....oops.

They ran off and didn't give me a good shot opportunity.

Back at it in the morning.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
2 does came up right where I expected about 5pm. At about 15 yards I squeezed the trigger and the loudest click I've ever heard next to a misfire'd muzzle loader.

My 1894 has a half cock notch and a safety. I normally only run the half cock notch with safety off, then pull back to fire just like my muzzle loader. Well tonight I put the safety on also....oops.

Fugg....good luck tomorrow

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

Been there 😂😂 Had a 12ga that a couple copper solids didn’t go off. You are correct, the loudest sound in the woods is a CLICK 😂