Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Recent Pics

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio

Then Just for Beentown :D

Hey Jack, Can you load video into the album or does it have to be put on another site and copied over to here to put in a post ?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Then Just for Beentown :D

Hey Jack, Can you load video into the album or does it have to be put on another site and copied over to here to put in a post ?

I don't know... I would prefer them to be loaded somewhere else then placed here.. I know that's a pain but our hosting of the server space is currently being donated... Things like video are way heavy on space and bandwidth. :)

Nice buck BTW.. Goes High...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I don't know... I would prefer them to be loaded somewhere else then placed here.. I know that's a pain but our hosting of the server space is currently being donated... Things like video are way heavy on space and bandwidth. :)

Nice buck BTW.. Goes High...

Thanks..and Thanks lol.

I know the last time I uploaded on to photobucket it loaded darker then it appears on my home PC. I will give this new one a shot and see what happens. Thanks again buddy and I completely understand video taking a huge chunk of space :D.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Not sure how I missed this one Adam! Nice buck!!!

You liking this cam pretty well? I am in need of 3-4 cheaper cams to run on this new farm so I can pull my BEC's and move them to our farm. I found a place on eBay selling them for $88.50 with free shipping. Reading a ton of reviews on them and Chasing Game had good things to say. Just wondered what you thought...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Not sure how I missed this one Adam! Nice buck!!!

You liking this cam pretty well? I am in need of 3-4 cheaper cams to run on this new farm so I can pull my BEC's and move them to our farm. I found a place on eBay selling them for $88.50 with free shipping. Reading a ton of reviews on them and Chasing Game had good things to say. Just wondered what you thought...

So far they seem to work really well. The 35 is very user friendly in the setup. I didn't need the instructions to do it. The other nice thing about it is you get the pic burst mode or the choice of the video thats seen in higher priced units. I told Longdraw on BO "For a cam in this price range I don't think they can be beat." One of my cams has 274 pics and has had 62 30 sec. video clips and battery is still at 85%. The pics seem pretty clear day and night for the price of the cam. You know as well as I do you can't expect a cam that's 89-119 dollars to out preform a high end unit but, it still does fairly well if you ask me.

The only cons I can find on them so far is this:

1) The motion censor on my 35's are really touchy even while set in the LO setting They will still pick up blowing weeds and branches during the day. Night time this doesn't seem to be an issue so keep this in mind when setting them on field edges.

2) It does make a slight clicking of the shutter when taking pics but haven't noticed any ill effects of this issue yet.

3) IR mode Pic or Video. All the LED's glow RED and has a green and red blinking light as images are being taken and stored on the memory card but haven't noticed any negative reactions from this issue either

4) The supplied 62" strap is ok but the buckle system sucks. Pull too hard to tighten and the quick connect buckle comes unclipped and that can be a pain.

This is the reaction of the video mode and the LED issue. As you can see by the second doe she isn't running off scared but she does know it is there and watches it the entire time. (Note..The video is darker then original when uploaded to photo bucket)

http://s995.photobucket.com/albums/af75/redcloud102/?action=view&current=PRMS0040.mp4

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great pic's RC. That 8 looks awesome. Love the spacious area between the G-1's and spread. Goodluck with him.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Great pic's RC. That 8 looks awesome. Love the spacious area between the G-1's and spread. Goodluck with him.

Thanks FS. Dante, one of his kids, or myself will hopefully connect with him. More hoping dante or one of the kids gets a crack at him but I will take him after the rut if he is still around. He is the biggest so far I have seen. I know there are bigger ones out here but just can't seem to get them to show themselves yet.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
So far they seem to work really well. The 35 is very user friendly in the setup. I didn't need the instructions to do it. The other nice thing about it is you get the pic burst mode or the choice of the video thats seen in higher priced units. I told Longdraw on BO "For a cam in this price range I don't think they can be beat." One of my cams has 274 pics and has had 62 30 sec. video clips and battery is still at 85%. The pics seem pretty clear day and night for the price of the cam. You know as well as I do you can't expect a cam that's 89-119 dollars to out preform a high end unit but, it still does fairly well if you ask me.

The only cons I can find on them so far is this:

1) The motion censor on my 35's are really touchy even while set in the LO setting They will still pick up blowing weeds and branches during the day. Night time this doesn't seem to be an issue so keep this in mind when setting them on field edges.

2) It does make a slight clicking of the shutter when taking pics but haven't noticed any ill effects of this issue yet.

3) IR mode Pic or Video. All the LED's glow RED and has a green and red blinking light as images are being taken and stored on the memory card but haven't noticed any negative reactions from this issue either

4) The supplied 62" strap is ok but the buckle system sucks. Pull too hard to tighten and the quick connect buckle comes unclipped and that can be a pain.

Add another 197 pics to that.

Total 471 pics
Total 62 30sec video clips
-------------------------------
DEAD BATTERIES

Also let me add another CON to the list

5) Battery indicator isn't accurate

Let me explain this one a little. I pulled the cam and it said it was at 51% battery. I took the cam back out and hung it turned it on and it told me 85% battery. I went back out just a little bit ago and checked the cam and found it had 197 pics on it and batteries at 70%..cool right ? Wrong. Got home checked the pics nothing worth posting :(. Put the card back in the cam and turned it on and found the indicator is now telling me 20% battery and will not take anymore pics do to batteries being to low to even run the LED's. This is how to fix that issue. Set your cam up turn it on..wait for it to arm..turn it back off and then right back on. This should give you the right battery indication % :D.

Battery Life isn't as good as I would have hoped but it is still better then the old cam I purchased 3 years ago for the same price. I would also add that about 90% of my pics are daytime pics. Most where do to the weeds blowing around and such but I didn't mind because I just wanted to put the cam through the paces and see what it would take to kill it :D. Now I know what to expect and I'm sure the next batch of fresh batteries will last a lot longer then a month lol.

Gotta love playing with new toys and seeing what they can do lol.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
ditto to the sensitivity issue.

I got the truth cam 46. I pulled the card today with 87 pics on it.

3 were of turkeys, 3 were of a doe and the rest were of moving branches and beans blowing in the wind. gonna try turning the sensitivity down a little and see what happens.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
ditto to the sensitivity issue.

I got the truth cam 46. I pulled the card today with 87 pics on it.

3 were of turkeys, 3 were of a doe and the rest were of moving branches and beans blowing in the wind. gonna try turning the sensitivity down a little and see what happens.

Definitely NOT a feild edge cam. They need to be back in the woods away from the blowing grasses and small tree branches. I have my sensitivity switched to Low and it still does it.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Definitely NOT a feild edge cam. They need to be back in the woods away from the blowing grasses and small tree branches. I have my sensitivity switched to Low and it still does it.

Well, all I can see in the pic is eyeballs because my work's computer monitors are rather dark, but nice pic! lol

That is one reason I love my BEC. I put the camera out last week behind the house. I had the sensitivity turned all the way up, and when I went out the next morning to put corn down, I had 200+ pics of field grass moving, and crows. I started cranking the sensitivity down, and now I get no pictures of the grass moving and no crow pics. Deer only!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Well, all I can see in the pic is eyeballs because my work's computer monitors are rather dark, but nice pic! lol

That is one reason I love my BEC. I put the camera out last week behind the house. I had the sensitivity turned all the way up, and when I went out the next morning to put corn down, I had 200+ pics of field grass moving, and crows. I started cranking the sensitivity down, and now I get no pictures of the grass moving and no crow pics. Deer only!

For some reason when I upload a night video to photobucket it shows the clip darker then it is on the original clip on my Comp.

I wish I could turn down the sensitivity another notch or two still. It is still picking that stuff up. Like I say, I think it would do just fine tucked back in the woods away from all the light blowing weeds. As soon as the mad rush of tree rat hunters settles back down I will be putting mine out in the woods and get them off the field edges.

Wll, Off to check cams and to let the air out of a few tree rats myself now :D.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Got a few new ones. Changed batteries Saturday so all the ones showing 1-1-08 is actually 9-4-10 :D.

This has to be the small basket rack 6pt from last year.

Can't tell if this is that big 7pt I was getting or a new one either.

Here is a new one. Can't tell how many points but that is a new shape rack not seen in any other pics so far. Hope to get some better pics just to see what he is.

Then just for the ladies sO I'm not sexist lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I am begining to think that small 8pt is the one that made all the rubs i found the other day while wondering around the woods. Seems those trees would be about his size to polish up the hard bone on his head :D

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
sweet, that 8 point should go into the "whered he come from" thread.
same kinda deal. cams out all spring and summer and all the sudden "POOF" a new buck materializes out of thin air.

He looks young, got TONS of potential.

the buck in the second and third picsseems to have a taller rack, is it a different buck? Not the wide 7 youve already been seeing.

Thats it, squirrel hunters be damned I'm putting my cams back out tommorow after work to see if I can get a better look at that 10.

BTW, you need to set the date on your cam, Is the time right?