Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Show us your wood (pile)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio
Worked on some chainsaw work last night. Did some more and some splitting/stacking this morning. Going to sharpen chain at halftime and try to get another good hit on it this afternoon.

Best part of this firewood is my wife giving me a hard time. The group of Mexicans dropping it off have opened up all kinds of jokes for her. Do you usually have Mexicans handling your wood? How much big wood can you take from those guys? She has just been cracking herself up. Had me laughing too. 😁

Moved 1 cord up to my wood box on the front porch today for the Misses. I'll keep a 2nd cord on the trailer with blocks under the frame to give the springs some relief and park it next to the garage for the winter. I'll cover it with Haysite panels and move a handful a day to replenish what she burns.
That way it all stays outside till she puts it in the stove, so no bugs inside. She burns about 1 3/4 cords a winter as the gas furnace will kick on most nights.
74 degrees by day with the woodstove and down to 62 degrees at night.

Still have 6 seasoned cords out back under rubber roofing. Mostly Cherry and Ash.

I'll prep another 2 cords in the spring to bring me back to 8. otherwise I feel naked...

Moved 1 cord up to my wood box on the front porch today for the Misses. I'll keep a 2nd cord on the trailer with blocks under the frame to give the springs some relief and park it next to the garage for the winter. I'll cover it with Haysite panels and move a handful a day to replenish what she burns.
That way it all stays outside till she puts it in the stove, so no bugs inside. She burns about 1 3/4 cords a winter as the gas furnace will kick on most nights.
74 degrees by day with the woodstove and down to 62 degrees at night.

Still have 6 seasoned cords out back under rubber roofing. Mostly Cherry and Ash.

I'll prep another 2 cords in the spring to bring me back to 8. otherwise I feel naked...
No Mexicans handling my wood! Only the Misses!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio
Gonna feel it in the morning. If my measurement is correct, I got 3.5 cords cut, split, and stacked. Roughly half of what they dropped off. Not sure I'll do the rest tomorrow. Not sure I'll have the desire to do that much again. 😁
PXL_20211009_231504380.jpg
PXL_20211009_231348351.jpg
PXL_20211009_231337065.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio
Whittling away at it now. Hour or two at a time. Just here and there when I can. Probably a couple hours left. Maybe less. Need to repair the quick-tach on the Bobcat first. As always, sooner or later rust wins the battle. Rather it happen now than in the middle of a snow. Not a terrible fix. Just need to find the time to fix it. And a look at the wood stacks as of this evening.
PXL_20211013_235537685.jpg
PXL_20211013_235739378.jpg
PXL_20211013_235621116.jpg
PXL_20211013_235656974.jpg