Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Show us your wood (pile)

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The lack of respect from these young whipper-snappers these days. Invite him over for a beer then tell him to get off your lawn!😂😂
It’s all good. You said long ago before I retired that I’d wonder how I got anything done, “NO TRUER STATEMENT.”
I’ve gotten a lot of projects done over the last 2 years and knowing I was gone 50-60 hours a week makes me scratch my head as to when I’d have had time to do them. Lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Let the boiler go out a couple days ago. Just about out of firewood. It's warm. It was time to shut her down. I've got to do a lot of gathering before next year.
I’m going to let mine burn out and switch over to propane(full tank) to conserve what firewood I have left(1.5-2 cord) for next year.

Reactions: 5Cent
I started getting ready for winter this week
I prefer to cut in February and March but I was to busy shed hunting 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_1595.jpeg
    IMG_1595.jpeg
    568 KB · Views: 42

Jamie

Ohio
I've been cutting on a huge pile of logs that the Township cut from the road frontage I have on my property (their easement) back in February of 2021. I'm down to about another 3 or so loads, which is about two cords. My log splitter has been parked there under a tarp for over a year now. I got tired of hauling wood home and making that mess in my yard or hauling the splitter back and forth. I went today to cut and split a trailer load and discovered when I got there that my splitter was gone. I was just over there last Sunday mowing. Had to be a local as this not a heavily traveled road. I did have a pad lock on the tongue, but I knew that was not much of an anti-theft measure. Still pisses me off that some fuckwad would steal something worth so little. I paid less than $1000 for it new 15 years ago from TSC. I got my money's worth of use out of it and so did some of my friends. Hoping my homeowners insurance will cover it. I'm getting a new splitter, either way. Open to suggestions, but the old Husky did a helluva job for me with little to no maintenance.