Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Projects Thread

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Took a page out of @bowhunter1023 ’s book and added some versatility to my shop refrigerator.

I really wanted to have the ability to hang and chill deer quarters if/when I shoot something during the early season. In years past, I’ve simply butchered and packaged all at once, or boned out and fridged, or put meat in coolers. All of those methods work, to an extent, but nothing compares to a walk-in cooler. This isn’t a walk-cooler of course, but it’s the next best thing.

I picked up some stainless steel closet rod holders and basic 1” closet rod to cut to size. A little 2-part epoxy, some stainless screws, a touch of sawzall action, and wallah… beer fridge convertible to deer cooler.

Now I just need to go hunting.

EAD25255-2452-4981-AC9B-E8323949F75F.jpeg
33928BD0-F569-4162-B1AA-82021A077ACF.jpeg
5A7D59A4-AB7F-43EC-9D0E-669CD4B55DF4.jpeg

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Neighbor was cleaning out his basement yesterday and delivered me some goodies this AM that have only been collecting dust or don't work any longer. Told him to drop em off and I'll tear into them late morning. The best being a barely used Coleman Powerhouse 413H stove. Man they just don't build em like this anymore!

Well a few o-rings later in the original red tank cap and generator (pump/delivers fuel from tank to burners), we are in business with some fresh gasoline🤘

View attachment 98404

View attachment 98407View attachment 98406
@Jackalope

Reactions: Quantum673

Bowkills

Nw oh
Left my little buddy heater in the blind last year...dumb. A mouse made a mega home so efforts with an air hose failed just putting it in all the holes and cracks. It failed to light. Torn it down and aired hosed it down very well, the main channel was filled with soft comfy fluff u cant get out without opening it up. So it would then light but wouldnt stay lit. Torn it back apart.
20211120_110824.jpg
little shits chewed apart a wire
20211120_113218.jpg
did the best i could with fat fingers and what wire i have
20211120_114451.jpg
a tower blind with no heat just isnt right. Wont take much for the wire to pop of but it works 4 now.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hey @giles, just for you buddy 😂 Salt, cinders, mud, limestone dust, and 2 female dogs that just went through a heat cycle makes for a dirty floor 😅

View attachment 145945
At one time I thought you were nuts for mopping your garage floor… But now that I have a nice heated shop / man-cave, I’ve actually contemplated mopping the floor multiple times now. I think it’s my OCD finally taking over. Lol

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The biggest reason I do it is that we come/go through the garage, into the laundry room (tile floor) and into the kitchen (hardwood floor). Then it's into the living room, which is carpet. The dirtier the garage floor, the dirtier the laundry, kitchen, and living room floor. Especially with the dust that accumulates from the wife's car, the dogs, and regular garage doings. If you've spent time in camp with me, you know I'm OCD, but I try to be practical about it 😂

Reactions: jagermeister

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Ain't a damn thing wrong with mopping a garage lol! I'd scrub the epoxy garage floor every couple of months at the last place, and do a spray and squeegee every week or so for the reasons Jesse stated above. Just swept out the garage this AM here with all of the crap that falls/tracks off the van when the snow melts.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I’ve got a battery powered leaf blower, I use it too clean up around the outside of the house as well as blowing out the garage. Takes care or the little clutter that gets blown in while the doors open. Back decks get cleaned as well as the screened in porch. Works as advertised.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Evidently these tires have never been rotated. Yesterday I fought this inner dual wheel for about 3 hours before I finally gave up. I soaked her good with PB Blaster and walked away. Every block of wood, sledge hammer, 6’ pry bar I have in the shop… no effect.

Today I went back at it and fought with the same methods for another 30 minutes before finally getting serious. The chain and bottle jack, to my surprise, was not enough to pop it free by itself. Had to break out the MAP gas and heat her up. Pressure + heat + sledge = KABOOM.

She’s free now. Happy day. 😄

EBFFB6CD-8C7D-4DB5-A6CD-8C94906FE1D6.jpeg
F4BF00AC-D011-4A11-8BA5-B7A9AD280212.jpeg