Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Weight Loss - Biggest Loser Edition

Kaiser878

ohio
Just a heads up. A lot of workouts are deemed useless for certain body types and people. Look up aldon baker on youtube. He is one of the best trainers in the world....he trains a lot of. Mx guys. He is a "core" fanatic.

One workout that I know would benefit a lot of you guys equally is a core manuever that is easy bit very effective. Seems easy. But I challenge anyone who can do it for 3-5 minutes.

Get a 20-30 lbs dumbbell to start. Sit on ur but and lift ur legs off the ground. Hold the dumbbell with both hands and take it accross ur body and touch the ground.beisde ur butt. Go from aide to side until you get to 5 minutes or u can't take the pain anymore. U will shed.more weight and.increase core by doing this than any other "ab" workout

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Just a heads up. A lot of workouts are deemed useless for certain body types and people. Look up aldon baker on youtube. He is one of the best trainers in the world....he trains a lot of. Mx guys. He is a "core" fanatic.

One workout that I know would benefit a lot of you guys equally is a core manuever that is easy bit very effective. Seems easy. But I challenge anyone who can do it for 3-5 minutes.

Get a 20-30 lbs dumbbell to start. Sit on ur but and lift ur legs off the ground. Hold the dumbbell with both hands and take it accross ur body and touch the ground.beisde ur butt. Go from aide to side until you get to 5 minutes or u can't take the pain anymore. U will shed.more weight and.increase core by doing this than any other "ab" workout

Used to do this for wrestling...definitely a good one, but I am light years away from that kind of core workout.

I was surprised when I spoke to my doctor about my weight. Unless I get back into strength training, he told me to stay above 190. My goal is 185, I really need to get moving, but the warm weather, being out side, and the great taste of cold beer kills melmao

Kaiser878

ohio
Start light. U should.be able to do it with 10 lbs for a minute or so. Just do like 5 1 minutes sessions. I bet ud be surprised where I'd be in a month

Kaiser878

ohio
My days of working out are over. Used to.be.in a gym 3 days a week and ran everyday when we were racing. Once.my.ankles were broke a bunch of times I had to start cycling. The thought of working out makes.me wanna beat my head off the wall. I commend you guys on your workouts

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I am concerned myself about low T. Right now I am taking Maca Root extract as a supplement. It is a radish like root that grows in Peru.QUOTE]

You wouldn't believe how easy it is to get your Dr. to give you testosterone. I got my blood drawn, came back for a follow up. my levels are pretty good. Says he will give it to me if I want it. Now I am deciding wether I want to do it or not. Doing tons of research.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
You wouldn't believe how easy it is to get your Dr. to give you testosterone. I got my blood drawn, came back for a follow up. my levels are pretty good. Says he will give it to me if I want it. Now I am deciding wether I want to do it or not. Doing tons of research.[/QUOTE]

What was your free testosterone result?
Did they check FSH and LH?

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
mine was 98. 80-200 is the range she told me. I have yet to go get it. Waiting on my insurance approval. He said he was goingto check all that on my next blood work after 3 weeks of being on it. Here is the thing that bothers me. Sounds like once you are on it, you are on it forever. Which is fine if I dont feel lazy, tired and irritable all the time.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
You're too old to recover from the testosterone properly. It is also my understanding that once you pop, you can't stop. Straight Pringles style.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
98 no wonder you feel like shit, your optimum levels should be between 200-500. With it being low it doesn't matter your levels will never be any higher. So if you do it for awhile and decide its not for you than after 30 days or so your body will start producing again and your level will go back to a measly 98. Do what you want but at least do your research.
Is she wanting you to do the gel the patch or IM depo.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Down to 217.5 this morning. 22.5 total now. I may try the Advocare thing Cotty had done. Figure July would be a good time for it. I'm also going to purchase a kettlebell or two and begin using those as my primary training. I really think they are right down my alley in regards to my overall goals.

I've got a couple vices to tackle and I'll be just about where I want to be health wise.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
215 this morning, 25 total for 2014. That's 10.5% lost. I set a goal to run in a 5K this year and mapped out 3.1 miles along the road I live on/off of last week. Last night was my first attempt at running it and was shocked I was able to do it all with out stopping. Initial time was 27 minutes and change. I got with Mike on the Advocare Challenge and as soon as I have the spare $200 to purchase everything, I will give that a try as well. I still have a solid layer of fat around my midsection, but have thinned out in my upper thighs and face. I'm back in a 34 comfortably after squeezing in to 36's just 2 months ago. My wardrobe has expanded TOO as I can now wear shirts I couldn't earlier this year!

Looks like the 210 goal before the beach is going to be achievable. I originally thought getting to 205-210 would be a good target weight for me. However I think 200 is a better mark and something I can achieve through hard work and discipline. The results I am getting are acting as great motivation to keep going. In the past when I have lost weight, I ate well, but still not a good as I could have. This time around the focus is nutrition first, then physical activity. I have much more energy, better focus at work, and have not had TOO many battles with cravings. I've all but stopped drinking alcohol and have only had 2 medium Cokes from Mickey D's this month. That's it for pop. I have not had fries in a month now and that in and of itself is a feat for this guy!!!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Weighed myself yesterday morning and was surprised how much I lost, started out @ roughly 195 and am down too 177...... At this pace I should be 165-170 by mid sept............ This is pretty typical of my weight loss while I'm here so nothing really new..... No beer, junk food or home cooking will do that too you lol..........

Seems like Jesse's on a good roll as well as Cotty..... Keep up the good work guys.......

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've seemed to popped out of the plateau stage as I've been 214-216 since Sunday. I was fluctuating clear up to 221 from 215, but that has subsided and it feels like I'm back to shedding pounds. Diet is still pretty solid, so I'm still on track!