Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Weight Loss - Biggest Loser Edition

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Down 20lbs since May. From 223 to 203. No exercise except working on the house like a slave to prepare for listing. I just cut grain carbs and sugar and do two intermittent fast days on Monday and Tuesday where I only eat dinner. Once we move I'm going to add some free weights to the mix.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Fasting is a game changer. I ate like a starved dog on Sunday at our favorite local Italian restaurant. I was 199.5 on Friday and 207.5 Sunday night. Fasted 24-hours yesterday and drank 1.5 gallons of water. Had a great primal dinner, woke up to a healthy grumpy and 201 on the nose this morning. I'll be back under 200 by tomorrow. I feel sharp and have plenty of energy. I stopped eating after 8 and don't' eat before noon every day. That method has allowed me to keep the weight off for once!

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
I've gained a few... moonshine had cone on for almost three weeks. Havent been at gym. Gets to take the stiches out this friday and no more wearing cone. I'll be back TOO the gym this weekend....hulk ready TOO smash

Reactions: xbowguy

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Fasting is a game changer. I ate like a starved dog on Sunday at our favorite local Italian restaurant. I was 199.5 on Friday and 207.5 Sunday night. Fasted 24-hours yesterday and drank 1.5 gallons of water. Had a great primal dinner, woke up to a healthy grumpy and 201 on the nose this morning. I'll be back under 200 by tomorrow. I feel sharp and have plenty of energy. I stopped eating after 8 and don't' eat before noon every day. That method has allowed me to keep the weight off for once!
It is a big game changer.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
IMG_0160.JPG

Things almost went bad this morning. Lol.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
I've never been on a run and encountered a skunk, however, I have been on my way to the stand in the dark and walked up on one. I then went for a short sprint...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo

I thought is was better to eat earlier in the morning instead of waiting till noon? Ive lost 27lbs. at 275 now. Just cant quit the beer.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I thought is was better to eat earlier in the morning instead of waiting till noon? Ive lost 27lbs. at 275 now. Just cant quit the beer.

Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Jump-starting your metabolism by eating earlier is different than "starving" your body to raise blood ketones levels so that you switch from burning carbs/sugar, to burning fat for fuel. Beyond that, what is "better" is determined by each individual, their body, genetics and goals. I've never been someone who likes to eat early, so I listen to my body. To get up and eat 500-750 calories right away is a forced action for me and not something that has ever shown benefits either. By fasting and getting into ketosis, I see results, so I stick with it.

And I hear you on the beer. A couple a night isn't a big deal from a consumption standpoint, except that it raises hormone levels associated with fat retention, especially around the midsection. So it's killer that way, not from calories necessarily.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Jump-starting your metabolism by eating earlier is different than "starving" your body to raise blood ketones levels so that you switch from burning carbs/sugar, to burning fat for fuel. Beyond that, what is "better" is determined by each individual, their body, genetics and goals. I've never been someone who likes to eat early, so I listen to my body. To get up and eat 500-750 calories right away is a forced action for me and not something that has ever shown benefits either. By fasting and getting into ketosis, I see results, so I stick with it.

And I hear you on the beer. A couple a night isn't a big deal from a consumption standpoint, except that it raises hormone levels associated with fat retention, especially around the midsection. So it's killer that way, not from calories necessarily.

I'm not hungry in the morning either. My first meal is almost always lunch.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I've been pop free almost two weeks now. Thats a shit ton of empty calories eliminated. Cutting out alot of my bread intake. I weighed 234 lbs at the Dr a few weeks ago. Just trying to get down below 220. Then focus on getting below that. The great thing is my wife cut pop out too. She also feels way better. Only thing is i piss about 5 times as much now with the water. I noticed i also eat less snacks now that I'm not going to the kitchen all the tie for a drink

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I hit my goal weight of 197 this morning. 4 months ago when my son was born I was the heaviest I've ever been at 223. It was about a month after that I decided I had to do something. Looked at Keto & Paleo and decided to take some from each and roll with it. Mainly I cut out refined grains, sugars and processed foods. Stuff like bread, pasta, rice candy, pop, etc. Ate a ton of fruit, vegetables, nuts, meat, cheese, and summer sausage. I would allow myself to cheat on weekends, but if I did then I required Monday and Tuesday to be intermittent fast days where I pounded water and didn't eat until 6pm both days. I think cheat days are key because after about a week I would have kicked a cripple guys ass for a double quarter pounder with cheese. Now to keep it off, but I don't think it'll be a problem as eating healthier has become a routine.