Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Whiskey

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
If you don't mind me asking, whats the local spot? I've been looking all over for a bottle of eagle rare. I've only got a little left, would love to have a backup

Reactions: 5Cent

Isaacorps

Columbus
If you don't mind me asking, whats the local spot? I've been looking all over for a bottle of eagle rare. I've only got a little left, would love to have a backup
Typically any liquor store in the hood that carries good bourbon. It’s not a big seller in those particular establishments. Like the one I PMed you about in March when you were looking for Angels Envy. Kroger ftw this time

Last edited:
Reactions: 5Cent

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish

If i find another bottle I'll let you know and get it to you at cost. I've found the High West American Prairie to be a good substitute (its the one with the pronghorn on it).

Reactions: Isaacorps

Kempire

If i find another bottle I'll let you know and get it to you at cost. I've found the High West American Prairie to be a good substitute (its the one with the pronghorn on it).
You're a good dude! I usually snag a couple when we travel east to visit family, but with 2020 being the year it's been we don't plan to travel. Appreciate the offer man.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I've heard the reason eagle rare, Buffalo trace, and blantons is so hard to find is that the distillery is owned by Japanese and most of the product is shipped to Japan

Isaacorps

Columbus
Eagle Rare is a great bourbon! Hard to find in my area though. Pretty much anything coming out of Buffalo Trace is hard to get. Good pick though sir...you won't be disappointed.

Indeed it is, that’s why I never finish a bottle unless I have 1 in reserve lol. It’s not impossible to find around here, just got hit the right places on the right days and get a little lucky. BT definitely knows what they’re doing, Wellers is exceptional if you like wheated bourbon and not terribly hard to come by. Hell, Ancient Age is pretty good too for a “bottom shelf” bourbon.

Reactions: jagermeister

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Wheated bourbon! Oh brother, if you want to try some good wheated bourbon, pick up a bottle of middle west spirits four grain. I really like that. The fact that its distilled in columbus is cool too. I hear the pumpernickel rye is also good, that on is on my list to get.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
20201204_180437.jpg

Found a new one today. Stopped in a small out of the way liquor store looking for eagle rare, didn't have it, but I noticed this one. Its different, 100% corn, bottle says its aged at least 1 year. Sweet, creamy, but there is that little bit of tingle there that let's you know its young. Could use a little more time in the barrel, but it definitely tastes more mature than it is.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
20201211_194542.jpg

Ahwww... damn! Thats nice! If you see a bottle of this, I highly recommend it. If the bottle didn't say 111 proof, I wouldn't believe it

Attachments

• 20201211_194542.jpg
    20201211_194542.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 91

Kempire

This was the high water mark for my whiskey cabinet. There's a red breast 12 hiding in the back there. I am sad to say these have all been drank, but each was fantastic in it's own way.