Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doggone good dog thread

1641168250404.png

I really appreciate all the comments and texts on Rusty. It has definitely helped me get through it better. Definitely hit me harder than I thought it would knowing he had been going downhill for quite some time.

On the flip side of this our Husky is such a goofball! He's the man of the house now and if the ASPCA ever went by our house in the winter they would think he was being mistreated and kept outside in the cold and snow! He absolutely LOVEs it out there and often will sit in a snowstorm and just let it pile up on him. Yesterday he was out from late morning til just before evening just laying there watching the world go by. Not even a slice of cheese could get him to fall for coming inside. He is one big boy.........here is Mako!

1641230635336.png

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I really appreciate all the comments and texts on Rusty. It has definitely helped me get through it better. Definitely hit me harder than I thought it would knowing he had been going downhill for quite some time.

On the flip side of this our Husky is such a goofball! He's the man of the house now and if the ASPCA ever went by our house in the winter they would think he was being mistreated and kept outside in the cold and snow! He absolutely LOVEs it out there and often will sit in a snowstorm and just let it pile up on him. Yesterday he was out from late morning til just before evening just laying there watching the world go by. Not even a slice of cheese could get him to fall for coming inside. He is one big boy.........here is Mako!

View attachment 143274
Our shepherd does the same. She’s not allowed out until 8 and this time of year she’s in @5. We’ve got snow today and she’s running around like an idiot because of it…. 😂
What makes us shake our head is she’ll come in through the garage door into the house and run too the front door wanting back out, just too lay down in front of the door too look inside too see what we’re doing 😂😂😂

hunting squirrels with dogs is fun. :D my dogs are pretty unhappy with me as I've been laid up with hip and knee trouble, and now with some sort of cooties. have lost half of the season to illness and injury. back in business after smokepolers go home.
Do you do much hunting before the leaves come off or mostly just take them out for some exercise and training. I would guess that it would be tough to find them. Coonhunted for a longtime when I was younger and we hunted all year around. Coon eyes at night would be easier to spot with leaves on though than a squirrel in daylight. LOL.

Jamie

Ohio
Do you do much hunting before the leaves come off or mostly just take them out for some exercise and training. I would guess that it would be tough to find them. Coonhunted for a longtime when I was younger and we hunted all year around. Coon eyes at night would be easier to spot with leaves on though than a squirrel in daylight. LOL.
No. I hunt them from end of November to the end of the season, then run them up until turkey seasons. They don’t see the woods again until November.

Reactions: cspot