Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official TOO Catch Thread

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
j3.jpg

Creamer

Athens
Thats awesome, congratulations. I never figured there’d be fish in the hocking when I’m driving over the Richland Ave bridge to class during school. Always looks muddy or real shallow.

Are you still here for classes? It is really shallow in places. The trick is walking the banks (easier before the weeds and brush take off like it has now) and finding deeper cuts along the bank. It's real easy to overlook unless you get close and check it out. There will be shallow water, then a deep (meaning 3-3.5' instead of 15" maybe, it's not always drastic) cut along the bank. Sometimes they just look like little holes or pockets along the bank, usually with less or virtually no current. There's almost always fish in those places. Everybody sort of flocks to the Mill, and there's really good fishing there, but there's a lot to be had from about the golf course up to the Mill.

Reactions: OO2

OO2

In the Uplands
Are you still here for classes? It is really shallow in places. The trick is walking the banks (easier before the weeds and brush take off like it has now) and finding deeper cuts along the bank. It's real easy to overlook unless you get close and check it out. There will be shallow water, then a deep (meaning 3-3.5' instead of 15" maybe, it's not always drastic) cut along the bank. Sometimes they just look like little holes or pockets along the bank, usually with less or virtually no current. There's almost always fish in those places. Everybody sort of flocks to the Mill, and there's really good fishing there, but there's a lot to be had from about the golf course up to the Mill.

I appreciate the insight, thank you. I won’t be back till the fall for classes but may bring a rod down when I hang a stand next time I’m that way.

Reactions: Creamer
Wife is trying to talk me into to going to destin next week. I hate sand and hot weather. Did you need a fishing license to fish off the beach? I think if I’m gonna fish, just as well get on a head charter boat and catch some small snapper. It’s looking like 5 days of drinking and enjoying a sun burn in my future.
Get on the swoop buddy. 79 dollars for a 5 hour trip and they will put you in them. Rods, tackle, bait, and license supplied. I go out with them all the time. Good luck

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Took Greyson and my nephew AJ to Indian Lake this morning. As I figured, it was a zoo out there. Probably did more untangling than anything, but they had a blast. Boated over a hundred Saugeye to get 10 keepers. It was bananas trying to keep lures in the water. Landed a shitload of catfish too. My nephew ended with a 22.5" Fish Ohio Saugeye and a 13" Fish Ohio Crappie. Ended the day with some lunch a the shoreside McDonalds before heading back across the lake. I almost got diarrhea just ordering their food
20190704_133745.jpg
20190704_115545.jpg
20190704_115530.jpg