Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Redclouds SpyPoint IR-6 pics

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio

Look at the range on this cam. That deer is back there about 20 - 25 yards from that cam

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Nice Pics.. I told you they had a hell of a IR flash and sensor range. Luckily they also have a dial where you can turn it down if you want. Just make sure to use the test mode if you turn it down to make sure you didn't turn it down too far.

deerburger

*Supporting Member*
Those are some great shots! That camera takes some nice ones! (The fawn is especially nice.)

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The flash and sensor range is impressive. It compares to a BEC on those two levels. Trigger speed is solid as well. Nice pics Adam...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Nice Pics.. I told you they had a hell of a IR flash and sensor range. Luckily they also have a dial where you can turn it down if you want. Just make sure to use the test mode if you turn it down to make sure you didn't turn it down too far.

That trigger distance is crazy lol. I had 43 pics in 24hrs over the mineral site. It is getting hammered by that doe and her twin fawns. The small bucks seem to like it too. The other great thing was....No coon pics lol. I adjusted the angle of the cam to show the lick a little better. Had a few slip in from the backside and only caught a shoulder as it turned to walk away. Added a small 4# salt block and will check back in a couple weeks on this cam.

Oh and I figured out the question I texted about a couple hours ago ;).

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That trigger distance is crazy lol. I had 43 pics in 24hrs over the mineral site. It is getting hammered by that doe and her twin fawns. The small bucks seem to like it too. The other great thing was....No coon pics lol. I adjusted the angle of the cam to show the lick a little better. Had a few slip in from the backside and only caught a shoulder as it turned to walk away. Added a small 4# salt block and will check back in a couple weeks on this cam.

Oh and I figured out the question I texted about a couple hours ago ;).

Sorry I didn't see your text till now when you mentioned it.. Let me guess. Different folder. lol

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Sorry I didn't see your text till now when you mentioned it.. Let me guess. Different folder. lol

DSCIM folder so it is still the same as before. Not sure why it wouldn't read it on my older cam but it does work on my daughters canon :).

I had to slide the switch all the way down to VIEW and see how many pics where on the trail cam so I got that figured out too lol.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It has 5 sensor zones but it also has a temp neutral thing it does also.. So while the sensor may be sensitive, it tries not to take pictures of "temperature neutral" objects. Like licking branches etc...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
DSCIM folder so it is still the same as before. Not sure why it wouldn't read it on my older cam but it does work on my daughters canon :).

I had to slide the switch all the way down to VIEW and see how many pics where on the trail cam so I got that figured out too lol.

I usually turn the cam off. Then slide it to view, then turn the cam back on.

I don't know why but I like to make all my changes with the cam off, then turn it back on after i've set everything. No particular reason, i read that one time on the forum a long time ago about another cam, I don't know if it still applies to cams, but it works for me.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I usually turn the cam off. Then slide it to view, then turn the cam back on.

I don't know why but I like to make all my changes with the cam off, then turn it back on after i've set everything. No particular reason, i read that one time on the forum a long time ago about another cam, I don't know if it still applies to cams, but it works for me.

I do the same thing. Turn it off before sliding the switches. I actually think the first cam I purchased a few years ago said you had to do it so I always do it now. Like you, I'm not sure if it is required with cams now but just a habit I got into with my first cam.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Could be one of two things.. He either has it set on the L (low) setting. Or Photobucket cut down the quality.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Could be one of two things.. He either has it set on the L (low) setting. Or Photobucket cut down the quality.

I was soo excited to get the cams out I didn't change it from Low to High or the temp lmao. Still reads Celsius haha. Took it straight out of the package slapped some batteries in set the time and up it went. I will fix it in the next day or so ;)

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Pics look great Adam! If I can free up some cash I would definitely by one! I have plot money and a yote mount money to pay for first. Thanks for sharing.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Pics look great Adam! If I can free up some cash I would definitely by one! I have plot money and a yote mount money to pay for first. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks.

The cams are great so far. The night pics are great and so is the range. The daytime pics will look better once I get my butt out there and change the MP up to the 6 instead of the 3mp lol.

I still have the other SpyPoint cam out there too. I hope I got something on it and have the pics set at the 6mp lol.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Battery life is so important to me, so keep us updated on how that goes for you with this model please. The IR-6 was what I was considering TOO! Thanks!