Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Time to replace one of my cameras, need suggestions

blemas

Summit County
One of my original Trophy Cams just took a dump on me and need to get a replacement out in the field ASAP. I know that Spypoint is a sponsor and would be happy to direct some business their way but what other suggestions do ya'll have? I really liked the AA battery life from the Bushnell and would like to get something along the same lines. Black flash would be nice TOO....

Brian

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My next purchase other than a SpyPoint will probably be one of the SG550 that Gordo pushes all the time or a BF Bushnell. If I don't get my SP issues sorted out soon, I may have to direct folks elsewhere. I thought the issue was my fault, but I still haven't worked it out on two of my cams. All I hear on the SG550's is good stuff...

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I know you guys probably think wildgame innovations cams are junk but I've had 2 out for a year straight they are going strong. All I have to do is push a button to shut it off, switch cards, and turn it back on and I'm out. All I hear about is a bunch of problems with some of these high dollar cams.

blemas

Summit County
I remember looking at the scoutguards before I got the trophy cams, they were on the short list! How are the night pics in regards to the range? They are regular ir and not black, correct? Do you buy them direct?

Walmart carries an inexpensive BTC for $99. This is the model 119420CW. This is an IR camera.This camera runs on 4 AA's and they usually run 3-4 months on 4 aklalines. I've had mine for about 18 months and had no problems with it. Takes decent photos both day and night. You may want to check one out.

I have a WGI X6C that I've had for three years, so far the best camera I have ever owned. But, I had a couple other WGI cameras that were terrible.

Diablo54

Outside
M80!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379267439.277216.jpg

blemas

Summit County
Found a Moultrie M990i on sale for $149 so I snagged it. I will try it out around the house and see how it does. Runs on AA's and has black flash as well as a viewer.

Dmiller6868

I've had good luck with the Covert Cams and think they are a great bang for your buck. I've had decent luck with the Bushnell cams as well. Of course my Reconyx works great, but it should for $500!!!!

Hands down I'd go with a Covert. Excellent pictures and the cameras I put out back in March are just now getting to 80% for battery life. They use up to 12 AA's and it's best to load them up so they last longest. Oh and customer service...second to none IMO.

Dmiller6868

Hands down I'd go with a Covert. Excellent pictures and the cameras I put out back in March are just now getting to 80% for battery life. They use up to 12 AA's and it's best to load them up so they last longest. Oh and customer service...second to none IMO.

I had an issue with my Red40 after a year. I e-mailed them and sent it back, in less than 2 weeks I had a brand new camera at no cost! You can't beat that

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
My buddys been having good luck with the coverts. All I have are Bushnells, I've had real good luck with them. If you buy a Bushnell make sure its the HD model.