Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Weight Loss - Biggest Loser Edition

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We're about 8 weeks out from our annual beach trip, so Tracie and I have agreed to hold each other accountable for an "8 week plan". We've been fairly slack with our diets lately due to extremely hectic schedules. Today marks the start of a more stable family calendar for us until school starts, so we're going to take advantage of the structure to overlay a "plan". The focus is daily bodyweight training with 2-3 days of extended cardio each week combined with a blended keto/paleo meal plan. Her goal is to lose 3-4#s and tighten up, mine will be 12-15#s and tightening up. Life is cyclical, which means my dedication to health/exercise mirrors that, so it'll be nice to get back on track.

Reactions: Bowkills

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
20190628_201508.jpg
My Personal Best Ever! Humid out but feels good right now. #stillpumped...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Near as I can figure J I did it in about an hour and 40 maybe an hour and forty-five give or take a little I didn't really keep track. It was feeling good and I just kept on going.
Good deal, the older I get the more I like slow and steady and longer the cardio.... I do an hour a day walking with the dog 5 days a week... Keep at it Rick...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I don’t own a bike (yet) but we have a trail within 20 minutes and I just take the pup out and walk her for 3-4 miles in the morning. It’s sparsely used this time of year and I can run her off the leash about 90% of the time. I run an e-collar on her so if she gets a little froggy I can rain her in.
I try to walk it 5-6 times a week, usually I can unless I’m on the road.
I do more for the cardio vs the weight loss as my taste for beer precludes that.... 🍺😂

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
Not really weight loss as I'm just trying to get into a little better shape. I told my wife I wanted to start jogging again a little four or five nights a week. Well tonight was my first night. Tan a little over a mile behind my house. Holy cow I'm in worse shape than I thought. Was breathing hard 95% of the time and felt like saying to hell with this. When I got home I felt great tho kinds looking forward to doing it tomorrow already.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Not really weight loss as I'm just trying to get into a little better shape. I told my wife I wanted to start jogging again a little four or five nights a week. Well tonight was my first night. Tan a little over a mile behind my house. Holy cow I'm in worse shape than I thought. Was breathing hard 95% of the time and felt like saying to hell with this. When I got home I felt great tho kinds looking forward to doing it tomorrow already.

I haven’t ran since I retired. But ran for about 20 years prior. 8-9 months outta the year. Didn’t like that whole cold weather running shit. It’s a routine that’s fairly easy too get into after getting over that first weeks hump. Stick with it, it’s a good habit too have....

Reactions: 5Cent

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Finally I've got myself back into running and lifting. This week has been nothing but sprints, pushups, pullups, and squats. I'm getting a gym membership this week and will start a morning routine before work. I'm tired of being lazy, negative moods, etc. 6 years ago I was in the best shape of my life, between the kids and the knee surgery I've really let myself go. ITS TIME! Better food, smaller portions, and daily exercise. The goal is to be back to where I was 6 years ago this time next year.