Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

Damn Phil, just getting caught up on the spill you had. Glad it all worked out for you. I keep saying after my latest wreck things certainly could have been worse. Count your blessings someone was looking out for you, although I often say I wish they would-a shown up a little earlier LOL!

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
No fishing this weekend. Got up, made breakfast for the family before Greysons soccer game. Wife took Eva to a baby shower. Grey and I decided to hit up Frickers for some food and games. He wasnt happy that the Easter Bunny snuck up on him. He passed out on the way home with a belly full of food. I really do love these kinds of days.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
That makes me think of nights like last night with my old man. We went and told lies while Nate fried some fresh fillets for us. It won’t be long and you two will be sharing stories with others while drinking beer. Keep that friendship going brotha!

Thanks again, Nate! View attachment 76751
Yea boy. I remember my dad making fun of me and some buddies for drinking Natty Ice one night as he held an Old Milwaukee. By the end of the night he was waxing poetic the great flavor and affordability of the Natty. He was devoted to it from there on

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
What's good? Mr. @hickslawns providing some awesome business insights to a young entrepreneur in the Curran household...

Back story: Last fall my son started mowing the neighbor's yard when his mower went down. The neighbor asked him if he'd like to continue that mowing arrangement this year, to which my son said, "Absolutely!" That got his wheels turning and he started asking me about starting a summer business mowing yards for a few houses on our street. Happy to encourage him in this process, but also feeling like he was undercharging for the service, we've been discussing his business model the past couple weeks. I told him to do some research and really figure out a pricing model... are you just mowing? Or are you trimming, blowing, rolling? What is your equipment rental charge? (Hey, he's putting the wear and tear on my mower so I get a cut too) How many gallons of gas are you using per yard?

Long story short, I told him to call Phil for some advice so he's establishing a business on a solid foundation. That call was made last night and I sat back and watched the wheels turning in my son's head as Phil took the time to walk him through all kinds of scenarios. I truly appreciate your help buddy! You're a good man and I'm thankful for your friendship. My son got done mowing around 8:30 last night and he told me he's going to be putting his business flyers together this week and then start walking door to door to market his services.