Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Gun Season 2019

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Skunked second day in a row.
Hunting public in Vinton.

Was at the truck gearing up when cop comes down the road with lights on, stops and asks me if there were more gates down the road or if she'd passes the last one. Turns out she was first of the responders looking for a hunter who'd been shot. About 10 emergency vehicles passed by, it was trippy and surreal.

I got skunked, but someone had a worse day than me.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio

Was at the truck gearing up when cop comes down the road with lights on, stops and asks me if there were more gates down the road or if she'd passes the last one. Turns out she was first of the responders looking for a hunter who'd been shot. About 10 emergency vehicles passed by, it was trippy and surreal.

Damn....

Reactions: MoonLab

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

What time was this, Dan?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congrats @Bowhunter57 and @Spencie Dad, and @Gern186 and whomever else I missed.

I saw a good one Monday night. No clear shot available. I passed. Tomorrow morning I'm helping the neighbor go look for what he referred to as "Bullwinkle." He bumped the deer after waiting. Then waited all day for permission on the next property. Has sent the deer twice on the hoof and hurting. He wants to end the suffering. I'm a solid believer in good karma coming around to those who help others. I'll gladly help the neighbor/farmer. Not for "good karma" but because it is the right thing to do. And who am I kidding? It is always fun tracking with others and seeing new properties. Wish us luck.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Congrats @Bowhunter57 and @Spencie Dad, and @Gern186 and whomever else I missed.

I saw a good one Monday night. No clear shot available. I passed. Tomorrow morning I'm helping the neighbor go look for what he referred to as "Bullwinkle." He bumped the deer after waiting. Then waited all day for permission on the next property. Has sent the deer twice on the hoof and hurting. He wants to end the suffering. I'm a solid believer in good karma coming around to those who help others. I'll gladly help the neighbor/farmer. Not for "good karma" but because it is the right thing to do. And who am I kidding? It is always fun tracking with others and seeing new properties. Wish us luck.
Good luck.

Reactions: hickslawns

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

Good luck too ya Phil, enjoy the experience buddy...

Bowkills

Nw oh
Good luck! I had too kind of a heart tonight. I had a meaty button buck with a death wish walk up to my condo tonight. I'd like a bit larger deer for the freezer so I guess I'm waiting on a bigger doe.

Reactions: "J"

Isaacorps

Columbus
I hunted all day in the rain/sleet Monday and saw 1 deer. Yesterday was better, saw 6 total but no shots before I had to call it a day and head home. Didn’t hunt the evening. I’m done til Saturday when I’m (maybe) planning on hitting some public. We’ll see